After a great deal of debates around the Secrecy Bill being ridiculous as some “scam” to protect our President and his colleagues from their shenanigans, we didn’t think there’d be anything to top that.
So, we decided to compile a little list of the most ridiculous (in every sense of the word) laws around the globe. You won’t believe this…
1. If you find your husband cheating in Hong Kong, as his wife, you are allowed to kill him. However, you must kill him with your bare hands! (If you suspect that he is, you better spend a reasonable amount of time in the gym lifting weights ’cause a pistol is not going to work)
2. In Singapore, it is illegal to carry a Bible or talk to someone about Jesus. (I guess Jesus didn’t do a very good job there)
3. In Portugal, it is against the law to pee in the ocean. But who’s going to know that you did?
4. Steve Harvey better shave his mustache if he is thinking of going to Eureka, Nevada, as it is illegal for men with mustaches to kiss women there. (Like, really?!)
5. In Baltimore, it is illegal to take a lion to the movies! (Hahaha! If you even survive to tell that tale. Good luck there, buddy.)
6. Answering a traffic cop who asks, “Do you know why I pulled you over?” by saying, “If you don’t know, I’m not going to tell you”, in Singapore, is an automatic $300 fine. (We’d have a taxi drivers’ strike with all the bought drivers licenses in South Africa! Kidding?)
7. You’d better make sure you’re having sex with a female animal in Lebanon or else you’ll face the death penalty for being caught having sex with a male animal. (I’d like to meet the legislator who commanded this law)
8. The punishment for masturbation in Indonesia is death by decapitation. (Find that significant other before you even think of going there!)
9. In Vermont, a woman must get written permission from her husband to wear false teeth! (LOL!!! WTF?! Coloured women, any comments? No? Okay cool)
10. In Arkansas, there still exists a law that was instated in the 1800s that states that a husband is allowed to beat his wife, but only once a month. (Plain stupid, if you ask me.)