With Nigeria claiming a victory against Ivory Coast on Sunday, we celebrate the Super Eagles and our neighbouring country with a few wise words over Nigerian origin.
- A man who is trampled to death by an elephant is a man who is blind and deaf.
- We live by hope, but a reed never becomes an Iroko tree by dreaming.
- A bird does not change its feathers because the weather is bad.
- A single tree can not make a forest.
- He who digs a pit for others must invariably fall into it.
- Rather than tell a lie to help a friend, it is better to assist him in paying the fine for his offense.
- It is from a small seed that the giant Iroko tree has its beginning.