Photography by: @RofhiwaManeta
Yesterday, the EFF’s Commander In Chief Julius Malema went online to host a Q&A with his followers ahead of the upcoming elections. He fielded a variety of questions on Twitter and Facebook ranging from the gravely serious to the downright absurd. LIVE was granted exclusive coverage of the event and we compiled a list of some of the most striking questions that came out of the event. Enjoy:
- What’s going to happen to Nkandla and E-tolls if you’re voted into power?
We’re going to physically remove E-tolls and turn Nkandla into a museum of corruption.
- So, do we get free cars (if we vote EFF)?
No, there are no free cars. But we’ll make financing of cars accessible and affordable.
- If the EFF wins the upcoming elections, are you going to get rid of white people?
South Africa belongs to all who live in it – black and white. So there’s no one who’s going to be expelled from their country. This is white people’s home too. (sic)
- Why do you want to turn this country into Zimbabwe?
There’s nothing that we’re (the EFF) suggesting that will turn this country into Zimbabwe. All we’re saying is that that the people of this country need to own their land.
- You once threatened to shut down Twitter. Have you changed your mind?
*Laughs*. I’ve never said that. Whoever believes that is a victim of Daily Sun reporting.
- You have no public service record. Why should we trust you?
We’ve got men and women in the EFF who have worked in the public sector before and have years of experience. So it’s not a problem. We are a collective, not an individual.
- What’s your opinion on the view that foreigners are taking South Africans’ jobs?
We must ensure that we do not attack each other as Africans because we are all victims of the capitalist system.
- How will you solve the issue of unemployment?
We’re going to improve employment through nationalization (of mines), which will lead to benefitiation and industrialization.
Follow me on Twitter: @RofhiwaManeta
The story of #Elections2014 continues. Stick with #LiveVIPZA and we’ll give you analysis, debates, comments, polls and all you need to make it through the all-important task of VOTING during the 2014 elections.
Check out our latest content on our VIP mini-site livevip.co.za and YouTube channel, Like our dedicated Facebook page Facebook/LiveVIPZA, join the discussion on Twitter #livevipza or join our Twibbon campaign.