Despite what many people say, young people care a whole lot about politics. They’d just much rather hear about issues that directly affect them as opposed to a new Bill that regulates the sale of perlemoen (yawns and rolls eyes a million times over). This is where VIP:Voice comes in!
VIP:Voice is a revolutionary citizen based platform that engages you, the voter. Through various social platforms (such as Mxit, Twitter, G) we keep you up-to-date with election activities while giving you the chance to voice your opinion about South African politics. The world wants to hear what YOU have to say (and boy, you have plenty to say!). For example, did you know that more than 56 000 South Africans believe their vote counts? Is that true for you? And on VIP:Voice more than 70% of South Africans say that they don’t always have enough food to feed their families! Is this true for you? We’ll never know unless you tell us! Here’s how you can get in touch:
- USSD: Dial *120*7692*1#
- Mxit: Add vipvoice2014 as a contact to get started
- Twitter: Follow @VIPVoice2014 and DM us to begin! #VIPVoice2014
- GChat: Send a chat to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- Mobi: Interact with us here on Young Africa Live http://yal.mobi/vip/
- Vlive: Interact on Vlive http://live.vodafone.com/yal
So what are you waiting for? South Africans are talking and you have the chance to take part in the conversation! Keep glued to yal.mobi/vip for more info or give us a shout on our other platforms.