Job title: Office Manager and Project Assistant
Location: 18 Brickfield Road, Brickfield Park, Salt River, Cape Town
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Overall objectives: Responsible for the organisation and co-ordination of office operations, procedures and resources to ensure successful and efficient running of the office.
1. Organising office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery, equipment, resources and refreshments within an approved budget.
2. Preparing a monthly equipment report.
3. Managing and maintaining filing systems – both hard copies and digital.
4. Developing and implementing new and improved administrative systems.
5. Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs/upkeep.
6. Assisting senior management manage diaries, budgets, research and other relevant project tasks.
7. Managing travel arrangements and bookings for core team and staff.
8. Disbursing petty cash expenses as required, ensuring that all expenses have been authorised, preparing a petty cash schedule on a daily basis for the accounts department which details float requirements for each day.
9. Assisting with basic accounts and administration to manage, record and request payments as required.
10. Maintaining and safe guarding equipment, updating a register and prepare a sign in and sign out sheet.
11. Working and supporting young interns/people on 6 months internship.
12. Assist with the execution of internal and external events.
13. Insurance of equipment, liaising with insurance advisor on insurance of new equipment and processing of insurance claims.
14. Manage internal scheduling and room bookings.
15. Greeting visitors and guests, and liaising with clients / suppliers.
– Proficient on email, and MS Office.
– Super organisational skills, multi-tasking.
– Great people skills – team player.
– Must have a grasp of basic accounting concepts and processes.
– Proactive and assertive, not scared to manage ‘upwards’.
If you got what it takes to to fill in this position and join the winning team- Livity Africa, then email your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com , with the subject line “Office Manager and Project Assistant”.