Training the next generation of digital content creators
Cape Town and Johannesburg
Only 18 to 25 year-olds can apply
What the programme is about
This training programme will upskill young people in content creation through writing, photography, video production and social media. Included in the training are workshops in SEO and Google Analytics. The aim of the programme is to get young people job ready for a future in the competitive digital industries.
During the four months, our trainees (10 people in Johannesburg and 10 in Cape Town) will work one-on-one with experienced mentors. Trainees will get a transport allowance.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for recent graduates in journalism, communications, graphic design, photography, videography or online media. We are also looking for bloggers, Instagrammers and avid social media users. If you are not a graduate, but have a body of work that demonstrates your love and passion for digital content creation (a blog, on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter), we encourage you to apply.
All participants are offered:
- Mentoring by leading industry professionals
- Multimedia storytelling skills (writing, photography, videography, social media)
- Workshops on SEO, social media and blogging
- Career placement opportunities
- Effective storytelling workshops from inception to completion (including how to pitch, find stories, research, contact building etc)
- The chance to network with the industry’s best
NB: Graphic design only offered in Jo’burg office.
To apply, email your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org (JHB) or email@example.com (CPT)
Deadline: 29 February
*Update: New deadline for Cape Town applicants: 10 March